Environment Rendering Screenshots
Here are a few screenshots of environment rendering in XLE. I don't have a lot of art I can take screenshots of, so I can't show a very polished scene... But you can see some of the rendering features.
- shallow water surface animation
- order independent blending for foliage
- volumetric fog (& related effects)
- dynamic imposters for distant trees
- high res terrain geometry
- terrain decoration spawn
- "contact hardening" shadows
- infinite terrain shadows
(see older screenshots here)
Here's a shot of a turbulent ocean (though the indoor environment reflections are weird!). The ocean animation is dynamically calculated on the GPU, and can simulate both small waves on a calm ocean surface and turbulant large waves.
(some of the sky textures in these screenshots are from sIBL Archive)
blog comments powered by Disqus